Early Education and Care has a significant impact on economic development in our community. As an industry in its own right, the sector employs many people as well as purchasing local goods and services. State and federal dollars are brought into Worcester to assist families with the cost of care. The availability of early education programs allows parents to work and contribute to the local economy. Most importantly, young children are prepared to succeed in school as a result of their early education experience.
Early Learning Leadership Advisory Council Members
Edward Street has brought together a group of community and business leaders to develop strategies to improve the delivery of early education services in Worcester to assure the long-term success of the industry and our children.
- John Bassett, PhD President, Clark University
- Melinda Boone, EdD Superintendent Worcester Public Schools
- Nancy Budwig, PhD, Dean of Graduate Studies and Research Clark University
- Linda Cavaioli Executive Director YWCA of Central MA
- Gail Carberry, PhD, President, Quinsigamond Community College
- Harriette L. Chandler, PhD, State Senator
- Joseph D. Early, Jr., District Attorney
- William Eddy, Worcester City Council
- Lucille Gangone, Head Librarian Worcester Public Library
- Timothy Garvin, President, United Way of Central MA
- Bruce Gaultney, Publisher, Worcester Telegram and Gazette
- Dennis Irish, Director Managed Care & Marketing, Vangard Health Systems
- Richard B. Kennedy, President and CEO, Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Reverend Paul Kennedy, Trinity Lutheran Church
- Edward Madaus, Executive Director, Guild of St. Agnes
- Susan M. Mailman, President, Coghlin Electrical Contractors, Inc.
- Charlene Mara, Coordinator of Early Childhood Programs, Quinsigamond Community College
- John Monfredo, Worcester School Committee
- Michael Moore, State Senator
- James J. O'Day, State Representative
- Gail Randall, Special Projects Officer, Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Linda Sagor, MD, Director of Pediatric Primary Care, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Peter Stanton, Publisher, Worcester Business Journal
- Wyatt Wade President, Davis Publications
- Janice B. Yost, EdD, President and CEO, Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts
- Dianne Bruce, Executive Director, Edward Street Child Services
- Eve Gilmore, Director of Partnership Development Edward Street Child Services
- This As I See It Column discussing the Economic Impact of Early Education by Dianne Bruce appeared in the Telegram & Gazette.
- Review recent presentations to the Early Learning Leadership Advisory Committee
- Review the presentation to the Central Massachusetts Legislative Caucus.
- The Economic Impact of the Child Care and Early Education Industry in Massachusetts
- The Early Education Funding Gap
- Barriers to Social Mobility Emerge at a Very Young Age